Re: [potato] last not i18ned part in bf and more

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Marcin Owsiany <porridge@pandora.info.bielsko.pl> writes:
>
> > It seems the only way to go is make a wrapper script. I tested that, and
> > debconf works OK (i.e. the templates show in Polish

As far as I know, the debconf is potato is still utterly broken with
regards to translated select lists. At least, I don't recall
back-merging the 500 lines or so of code necessary to fix that.

It might look ok, but try picking an item from a list, and notice how
what debconf returns to the program using it is *not* what you picked.
Or is the translated value, and not the C one, which will probably
confuse the program even more.

This has come up before. The debconf in potato is broken for i18n, and
cannot be safely be used that way. The one in woody is of course fine,
but I had to change it a *lot* to make it work properly.

--
see shy jo