bf rewrite?

Hi,

rumours said that the entire boot-floppies system is to be rewritten
for woody?

While I agree that the current mass floppy requirement is a major pain
with Debian, I don't believe that this would be a proper goal.

We wanted to freeze potato last year but had no working boot-floppies
handy.  Only very few people have worked on it.

Since then development was very slow, people dropped away, Enrique,
Erik.  Left over are only a couple of people who contribute code.

I don't believe that "we" are able to rewrite the entire boot-floppies
system from scratch within say three months so there is something to
play with when something is about to be released.

Thus, if a new system is to be written, develop on it in parallel with
the current system and replace the current one as soon as possible,
but don't abandon the current system or we will run into the same
desaster as last year again.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!
Oldenburger LinuxTag 2000                 http://oldenburger.linuxtage.de/