Boot of 2000/98/Debian system?

I'm having trouble getting lilo to boot the system I have, there seems to be a gap in the doc's.
My system looks as follows.

1 20 gig disk

50% Disk C: (first partition)  Windows2000(NT5)/Windows98  (this boots using the NT loader)
50% Partition 2:  Linux Prime, Linux Swap, Linux Prime

I know there are problems with not having linux in the first 1024 for boot
(help with that would help as well?)
Second, the NT5 boot loader does 'something' as well, and I know I need to edit that, but again, the documentation out there is hard to find and usually not very helpful.

Regards
Conrad D. Seaman