maintaining potato bf (was Re: what is next?)

Othmar Pasteka <pasteka@kabsi.at> writes:

> i know joey hess will be the coordinator of the woody
> boot-floppies. you once spoke about taking over the documentation
> department, as the leader. is this still true or have things
> changed?

It's still true but I'm not going to concern myself with Woody
documentation at this point.  It seems like a waste of time until the
system is implemented.

> are you still responsible for anything, like maintaing
> the potato boot-floppies for further subreleases of debian 2.2?

I am.

> reason for this is that i want to know what kind of changes in
> the documentation will be accpeted for further point releases?
> can there be a completely new chapter added? or just minor fixes,
> like typos or inconsistencies?

I am indeed targeting continuing to improve the potato bf
documentation.  It's still in rather bad shape.  I accept *any*
changes to the content which improve the documentation and doesn't
break the building of the documentation.

> for instance once i thought that
> the chapter about dselect and apt-get will be included into the
> english version as it is in the german. probably i should have
> done this or was it removed on purpose? i don't know now.

I do not believe it would have been removed on purpose.  YOu'd just
have to review the CVS logs.

> generally i have time now and my vacations and exhibitions are
> over, so, let's get on with the translation, now a complete one.

Sounds good.