Re: /boot nonexistant on sun4cdm install disk set

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 09:52:37AM -0400, William Cordis wrote:

[snip]

> My original partition scheme was this.
>
> 1   ext2   /boot
> 2   swap   LinuxSwap
> 3   ext2  /
>
> I changed it to this:
>
> 1   Boot  ???
> 2   swap  LinuxSwap
> 3   Sun   Whole Disk
> 4   ext2  /boot
> 5   ext2  /

ISTR that I needed to keep the Whole Disk partition when using Sun
disklabels - yep, there it is.  I also STR that I had problems when
I removed it and that it was created by default (with fdisk?).  As I
recall, I removed it the first time, had problems (that may have been
entirely unrelated), and when I repartitioned the disk I left in the
Whole Disk partition and everything worked fine.

I'm sure someone will correct me if it turns out to be entirely unneeded.

--
Steve Bowman  <sbowman@frostwork.net> (preferred)
Buckeye, AZ   <sbowman@goodnet.com> <bowmanc@acm.org>