Re: Documentation from programmer's perspective

On Sat Jul 29, 2000 at 10:55:33PM +0100, Chris Rutter wrote:
> Apart from the `README-Overview' file, is there anything which documents any
> of the mechanisms or interfaces of boot-floppies?  Unfortunately, I need to
> delve into pretty much every part of it, to do esoteric installer things for
> ARM...

I installed potato on a netwinder (StrongArm SA-110) on Friday, and it went
just fine.  I tftp booted it using the rescue_netwinder.bin that I grabbed from
ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-arm/current and then I
installed everything over the network.  Everything went flawlessly, except I
had to compile my own libssl and ssh (but even then, 'apt-get source -b <foo>'
worked perfectly).  Debian is surprisingly pretty mature on this platform.  Now
if I can convince the stupid little netwinder fan turn back off I'll be in
business... :-)

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/