Re: Release notes

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 02:15:52PM +0200, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> I would suggest the following changes to Release notes:
>
>  - converting the paragraph about problems with 2.2 kernels to an itemized
>    list, as this would probably make the each problem more visible

I agree, it'll be done.

>  - adding some more precise information about new kernel's memory
>    limitations

Hm. I don't have them :) Can someone tell me what's the minimum memory
requirement for a common 2.2.* kernel, and what's the absolute minimum, with
a stripped down kernel image?

BTW I've added a pointer to Documentation/Changes file below that list of
problems.

> Also, I've heard that 'route' for 'lo' is no longer needed, as ifconfig does
> all the needed job, so the route invocation can be commented-out.

Right, but that's just cosmetics :) Release Notes don't have to contain it.

> Is that fix equivalent to that adding appropriate ``netmask'' and ``dev''?

Nah...