Re: 2.2.16?

(cc trimmed)

> BTW, PCMCIA never seems to install before base is installed on the
> harddisk, i.e. One is not sure if Debian will be able to
> install on the machine via network when he has to format the
> Harddisk.

this is indeed an issue, for which we don't have a solution ATM. hopefully
this will be addressed more completely in woody.

> It's probably too late to say this, but I had problems with this attitude
> recently.

what do you mean by this?

the bug is about a very *SPECIFIC* pcmcia problem. the problem does not seem
to occur for other pcmcia installs (that I know of), and is unlikely given
the way pcmcia is handled in the code.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>