Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:34:40 -0700
From: Pann McCuaig <pann@ourmanpann.com>
To: Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>
Subject: Report: 2.2.16 i386 build available for testing

Installed the idepci flavor on a 486-DX50 with 20M RAM and a wd80x3 10BT
NIC and a good (T1) net connection.

Damn near flawless.

Got this message when selecting the keyboard:

Error loading the keymap i386//qwerty/us.bmap from /etc/keymaps.tgz

And I installed no tasks.

But I did install ssh and am in fact typing this email on that new
potato box while logged into my slink++ box at home (from work).

Good job.

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 22:13, Joey Hess wrote:
> Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Joey Hess has kindly provided i386 builds of 2.2.16 boot-floppies.
> > Please test these for critical bugs -- by critical, I mean bugs which
> > prevent installation in common scenarios.  Specifically, installation
> > via 'mounted' means, from DOS.
> >
> > We also need to check that loading modules which require arguments works,
> > that pcmcia works, and that the /lib/modules symlink problem doesn't
> > appear, or if it does, how to reproduce it.
>
> Adam forgot to mention that they're at http://www.debian.org/~joeyh/bf/

Cheers,
 Pann

--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\

----- End forwarded message -----
--
see shy jo