Re: Re[2]: PPPoE for base?

usdfclcx@umail.furryterror.org (Amy Fong) writes:

> In article <[🔎] 17840623562.20000614111814@china.com>,
> hashao  <hashao@china.com> wrote:
> >the .deb package of pppoe in frozen is 1.0-1. The package in woody
> >is 1.7-1. I downloaded the 1.7-1 version from woody and installed it
> >with dpkg after the base2_2.tgz being installed. Then I made the pppoe
> >connection and did the network installation. It worked very well.
> >
> >If it is included in base2_2.tgz, I think the script for setting up the ppp
> >connection could be modified to setup the pppoe connection. PPPoE
> >depends on pppd and the setup is simplier.

I can only suggest you try out the pppconfig package and see if it
works, and file a bug against the package (in woody) so that it
supports whatever is necessary.

Come to think of it, pppconfig should be debconfiscated in woody.

> Note that Jamal Hadi Salim's PPPoE, now Michal Ostrowski's has gone
> into 2.4.0
>
> David Skoll's implementation may not be such a good choice depending
> on which kernel woody's coming out with.

It's for reasons like that that the frozen boot-floppies tends to stay
away from that sort of stuff.