Re: [woody,debinst] Interim filesystem

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Tue Jun 20, 2000 at 03:37:17AM -0600, Bruce Sass wrote:
> > I think you are forgetting about something...
> > how is partitioning going to be accomplished without user interaction.
> >
> > I'm not aware of any tools that can take a description of a filesystem
> > then partition and setup a harddrive(s) accordingly, that seems to be a
> > task necessary for unattended (auto-pilot mode) installations.
>
> sfdisk can do this (but it is much buggier then fdisk and
> has endianness problems).

It can do part of it (setting up the partition table), but there is
still the task of translating what the user wants for a fs into
partition tables and creating the actual fs on the drive(s).

[If I could get the seagate driver working with this Future Domain
TMC-881 SCSI controller I would start seriously playing around with this
concept. :( ]

later,

	Bruce