Re: potato boot-floppies

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 09:55:31PM +1000 , Anthony Towns wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> Congratulations guys: -testing seems to hold nothing but praise for potato
> upgrades, looks good.

cool

> Is there anything more you're intending to do to b-f for potato,
> beyond 2.2.15? Alternately, do whatever changes you already have in CVS

I think m68k people wanted to do a release and there are some minor
enhacements and mostly doc updates.

> account for:
>
> critical bugs - outstanding
>      * #64371: Smart Array RAID Compaq do not see at boot; 31 days old

1) I don't see, why it's critical
2) the -compact flavour should solve this

>      * #64823: incorrect LILO automatic placement on i386; 22 days old

I think the subject is missleading. It only doesn't want to put LILO into
extended partition. Let's call it a feature :)

>      * #65515: boot-floppies: update-modules requires /bin/bash; 8 days old

fixed modutils are in Incoming

> ? Or are these not really RC? (If the latter, please downgrade them
> appropriately)
>
> Basically, what I'm asking is, as far as source is concerned, are you
> ready to go? I realise you need to wait for updated base packages before
> you update all the arch dependent bf stuff. If you're not ready to go,
> you really really need to get that way in the next day or two.

I think we wait to tausq to upload -compact and -idepci flavor and for
corresponding pcmcia packages. And b-f has to be updatet for 2.2.16

> Feel free to reply to this list; I'm on it, I just don't follow it
> too carefully most of the time.
>
> Cheers,
> aj (acting release manager)

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

Resistance is futile. You all will be packaged