Re: [PROBLEM] in 2.2.15 busybox tar

Quoting Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>:

> > > What about boot-floppies?
> >
> > Depends on the consensus of the boot floppies developers.
> >
> > If folks want my latest and greatest in the boot floppies, then
> > I will be glad to merge it in.  I think the easiest solution
> > for the future (and very possibly the present) is for me to
> > create a busybox.deb that conflicts with just about everything,
> > and that can be unpacked into the boot floppies the same way
> > the ash.deb is unpacked.
>
> That would be ideal for woody. For now, are there any known issues with
> the current busybox in boot-floppies that need to be resolved now?

This is really two questions:

What are the know bugs in the boot floppies version of BusyBox
that are fixed in the latest and greatest?

	A fairly long list, as the boot-floppies version of BusyBox split
	from my development tree about 1/2 way through the 0.43 release.
	The current changelog may be helpful in answering this question.

	ftp://ftp.lineo.com/pub/busybox/busybox-0.44pre3-Changelog

What bugs in the current boot-floppies BusyBox need to be fixed?

	Probably just the tar bug.  Other things, such as Bug #64576
	are not really critical.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/