Re: udm66 rescue disk doesnt detect udma controllers

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:
>
> >  I can confirm this bug.  The `udma66' version of boot-floppies 2.2.13
> >  from ftp.us.debian.org did NOT detect my Promise Ultra66.
>
> Is there a bug filed?

I originally mentioned the problem here, i did not file a bug report,
however the problem was identified and Adam you said you fixed it in
CVS, but then the new disks got held up because of the PCMCIA problems.

The cause of the fault was that the wrong kernel is on the disk, both
the ide and idepci have the same kernel.

The problem was in the Makefile, where searching for ide* matched both
kernels and the wrong one was used.

Glenn