Re: bf build with lang chooser turned on

On Wed May 24, 2000 at 09:20:37PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Taketoshi Sano <kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp> writes:
>
> > Since woody version of b-f will be drastically changed, I prefer
> > to do the minimal change in order to use the language chooser
> > in potato version.
>
> Agreed.  i18n is important to me, even if I can't help, other than
> cheering people on.

On the subject of i18n, I have been writing documentation for BusyBox and have
discovered that I know almost nothing about loadacm, loadkmap, and loadfont.
With load{kmap|font} I at least have a general idea what they do (though it is
pretty different then the way it is done elsewhere).

Could someone more familiar with these tools help me to understand what they do
(so I can finish my Documentation) and why they are needed for the boot
floppies?  Does "reduce-font" work with these tools?  I know so far to little
about i18n.   Are there some good resources on where to learn about it?

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org