Re: IBM PS/2 Potato Install Fails

Message from Adam Di Carlo at 20/05/00 02:36:52AM:

> "Michael Janssen (CS/MATH stud.) " <janssen@chaos.cns.uni.edu> writes:
>
> > I get through bootup, kernel detects the MCA SCSI correctly, and we can
> > partition and initialize the hard drive, when attempting to install
> > the OS kernel and modules, the system fails to recognize rescue.bin
> > as the Rescue Disk.
>
> This is very curious:
>
> > VFS: Disk change detected on device fd(2,0)
> > VFS: busy inodes on changed media
>
> There was some corruption of the media for some version of i386
> boot-floppies.  Perhaps you could try the version at
> http://www.debian.org/~joeyh/bf/ ?

I retried this install with the boot floppy images from the URL
above, and the install still reports that the rescue disk is not
in the drive when the rescue disk is actually in the drive..
The last lines do not report any busy inodes this time though.

It still returns a Disk change, which is to be expected, I would
guess..

Michael Janssen - Jamuraa
janssen@cns.uni.edu - jamuraa@equitar.cx