Re: /dev/hde ?? [Joab Schultheis <jschultheis@worldnet.att.net>] Installation Problem

In reference to a message from Karl M. Hegbloom, dated May 19:

>  I wonder if what's wrong here is that `dbootstrap' doesn't expect
>  there to be a /dev/hde ?  I've never heard of there being more than
>  four IDE drives...

well....

samwise[23:08] ~% mount
/dev/hdg1 on / type ext2 (rw,errors=remount-ro,errors=remount-ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/hdg5 on /home type ext2 (rw)
/dev/hdg6 on /usr type ext2 (rw)

this is often relevant for udma66 devices. perhaps you can ask him to try
the udma66 floppies once we get that fixed?

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/