udm66 rescue disk doesnt detect udma controllers

Booting the rescue image from images-1.44/udma66 reports its using the
2.2.15-idepci kernel.

kernel-image-2.2.15-idepci states "This version of the kernel iamge
package only has ide and PCI device support"

kernel-image-2.2.15-ide states "Linux kernel patch with the UDMA66
patch"

I think we want the the -ide rather than the -idepci kernel for the
udma66 kernel, or is the -idepci kernel supposed to have udma66 support
as well ?

Thanks

Glenn