Re: Blue screen with no explaination during failing netfetch.

Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>  By the way, does anyone else have lots of trouble with eexpress (and
>  other brand ISA's also) cards?  The insmod always fails for me.  I
>  quit trying to use them for now and just switched to some PCI cards.

Indeed, while recently trying to to configure an eexpress card,I gave up
in disgust.  No parameters that I could discover would allow succesful
insmod/modprobe.  Nor did a custom install kernel with support compiled in
solve the problem.  I even went as far as to test it  under Windows98, where
it was detected and configured easily.  I finally went and bought a PCI card.

OTOH, modprobe 3c509 works just fine.  So It's not a problem with all ISA
cards.

Regards,
Steve