Errors in 2.2.13-2000-05-04

Hi,

I tried to install Debian with the new boot-disks 2.2.13-2000-05-04. I
downloaded the files needed to install from a local hd (Fat32).

During installation, I encountered following problems:
While installing the OP-Systen Kernel and Modules, this message is
displayed: ioctl: LOOP_SET_FD: Bad file descriptor
After configuring PCMCIA-support, the system complains:
/var/run/cardmgr.pid no such file or directory. However, I can configure
the network, and the LEDs indicate that the networkcard is working
(PCMCIA-network card)
There is an other problem with the device driver modules menu. When you
first choose to set up PCMCIA-support, the menu does not display any
modules. It shows only the line: Exit, ...

I did not finish installation yet, as I could not connect to a server
providing the rest of the files. (But this may also be because of a wrong
network-configuration)

regards,

Tim Young Weissschaedel