Re: scripts/basedisks/po obsolete and removed

> > > does debconf (am I right that this is what base-config use?) have any
> > > support for i18n?
> >
> > Yes.

In fact, as of today, debconf is fully i18n-ized. I have a Polish
translation, and would welcome more. It's straight gettext translations,
plus translating debconf templates files.

I don't think this fully i18n'd version of debconf will go into potato
though; I did the work on the woody branch and it took some rather
extensive changes. I'm not confident it is stable as it stands now.

Also, it would require that liblocale-gettext-perl be in base if we wanted
to see a translated base-config. Without that, the translations don't show
up. And we would have to have the language chooser back in boot-floppies
so base-config could be told to use a non-English language..

--
see shy jo