Re: i18n'd boot-floppies ?

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 08:39:23AM +0900, Taketoshi Sano wrote:
> > But you do not need complete fonts at installation time, I believe. :)  So
> > there should be something like `font reduction'.
> Well, I have heard that some installer for JP local distributions use
> "minikon", which uses reduced fonts. I don't know the detail, but
> some sort of font reduction may be there.
What's the url of this program?

> Can I add this mail in cvs as utilities/bogl/README.BOGL-bterm ?
Why not? :)

> At the moment, the installer may not need input methods capability.
Good.
> If it can show the characters correctly, then we can use it in b-f, I think.
Yes, it does.

BTW, could you have a look at utilities/dbootstrap/langs/japanese.src file?
I'd appreciate if somebody with knowledge of Japanese could put correct words
there.  One note, the 'charset' attribute of <language> element should specify
a character set known to iconv program.  I found that iconv knows EUCJP and
EUC-JP, but does not EUC-JAPAN (which was used in utilities/dbootstrap/po/ja.po).
What's the correct name for this locale?

Thanks,

--
Mike