Re: Documenation Update and Query

Ross Boylan <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org> writes:

> I am in the middle of a complete overhaul of ch 5, Installation
> Methods.  It is not in a committable state, so this is just a heads
> up.

You better watch out because I've been hacking on that in CVS also.
I assume what you mean is the organizational update, right?

After going thru a little bit and updating the system (so that the
links work right for LINGUA != C, for www.debian.org distribution,
with Bruce Sass correcting the file names), I more than ever believe
that the "downloadable files" section really does need to be
re-organized and restructured.

However, we need to synchronize a little better, or we're going to get
into nasty conflict situations in en/inst-methods.sgml and
defaults.ent.

I would ask you to do any of the high-level hacking and commit that
even if things aren't complete, if possible.

> I have noticed that when I run make uni-docs twice, I frequently get the
> following error about an invalid date:
>
> find: /archive/debian/Incoming/: No such file or directory
> find: /archive/debian/local/: No such file or directory
> find: /archive/debian/dists/potato/main/binary-i386: No such file or directory
> [ "C" = "C" ] || [ -f utilities/dbootstrap/po/C.po ] || ln -s C.po utilities/dbootstrap/po/C.po
> make -C documentation KVER=2.2.15 ALTKVER= RELEASE=2.2 util-linux= amiga-fdisk= atari-fdisk= mac-fdisk= pmac-fdisk-cross=
> date: invalid date `Fri, 28 Apr 1000 09:26:19 -0400'
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/boot-floppies/documentation'
> [ ! -f C/Makefile ] || make -C C
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/boot-floppies/documentation'
> [ ! -L utilities/dbootstrap/po/C.po ] || rm -f utilities/dbootstrap/po/C.po
>
> This error blocks the doc build until I run make clean.  Does anyone
> know what's up with that?

Change the date in the changelog.  It shouldn't prevent building.
Things build fine on my box.