Re: Testing the new boot floppies

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> First there is no way to setup PPP within the install procedure. Upon
> rebooting after the Base System has been installed, I must move to another
> VC and run pppconfig on my own, start the connection, and then I can use
> the ftp method.

I'll check into this, Dale.  Looks like a geniune RC dbootstrap bug.

[...]

> I guess it is good that we are now using apt instead of dselect, except
> that I know nothing about this product, or what to expect from it, so I
> quickly got into trouble.

We're not using apt *instead* of dselect.  Its just that we now have
the "simple" pathway which doesn't *force* the use of dselect.  The
user can still use dselect (we suggest with the apt backend, but there
are others for specialized purposes).