Re: Directory structure

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Newbies should use CD-ROM installation -- I'm hoping install from

You are WAY WRONG there! There is a massive and highly increasing number of
newbies that install via FTP. Especially in the US bandwith is either cheap or
free. Check the logs if you want evidence.

Note that on cdimage.debian.org we _encourage_ people to install via FTP if
possible to save bandwidth and money (downloading resp. buying of entire CDs).

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer