Re: Why can I not more install from ZIP-Disk ???

>It's changed because the 2.2 kernels are too big, and we've had to
>take out some drivers to get it to fit.  At least, that's my belief.
>Randolph, can you confirm this?
>
>If that is true, our only possible solution is yet another i386
>flavor of boot-floppies.

Hello,

My problem is, that I have some computers which have a free
3.5" slot for a ZIP-Drive but no 5.25" slot for a CD-Rom.

Also I have no CD-Burner and IF, I need to burn too much CD's.

= Too expensive

If I had a working Debian-System and the knowledge, how to make
the Boot-Disk and the right Driver-Disks - no problem...

I use only 3Com NIC'S (3c509 and 3c905) and the modules are
every time the same which I need. Then, I have no SCSI-System,
but the Bootdisk are looking for a controller...

OK, I had a AH2940 and a DAWI but the Bootdisks do not find it.
So I have removed the SCSI-Controlers and now I am using EIDE/ATAPI.

Thanks in Advance

Michelle