Re: resume current unoff (3rd March) debian-cd (kando.hu)

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 04:55:58PM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>Flo>   dependency from the xserver-common on xfonts-base i would say.
>
>  Will you please see to it that this has been reported?  Check BTS
>  first, and if there is no bug filed, please do so.

xserver-common only "suggests" xfonts-base also no X Server starts without
xfonts-base - So it should "depend" on xfonts-base and not suggest.
The problem here is that you probably could only configure
xfont-server on a different host.

>Flo> That far - good work - Installation takes ~2-3 Minutes from a "normal"
>Flo> CD Rom and is really comfortable (Except the Location/Timezone selection).
>
>  What did you not like about the timezone configuration?  Maybe it can
>  be improved.  2.2.9 will be out sometime this week, hopefully.

I like the way AIX and Solaris do that - You will be asked if you
want CUT/GMT or a custom offset or deliver a custom timezone.

It is much better in 2.2.8 than in 2.2.7 with the second screen popping
up. Currently i havent got a much better clue but i will think about it.
It should be much easier for beginners who do not care on timezones
at all.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566