build custom installdisk?

Dear Friends

I am trying to build a custom bootdisk for our institute. We have a local
debian mirror and it would be nice, if we could boot from two floppys
(rescue and root) instead of 5 (rescue, root, driver-[123]). I tryed to
build a kernel with networkcard support compiled in (all our networkcards
are 3c59x), so that we can fetch the drivers via http.
I used the config from kernel-image-2.2.14. This does not work. I tryed
to undestand the boot-floppies package, but it seems to me, that it uses
the kernel-image-2.2.14 config as well?
Please tell me, which ".config" I have to use to get a working bootfloppy
kernel.

thanks
 Michael
--
GPG Fingerprint = EA71 B296 4597 4D8B 343E  821E 9624 83E1 5662 C734