Re: Why can I not more install from ZIP-Disk ???

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Randolph Chung wrote:

> > The files are:
> >
> > loadlin.exe     linux           root.bin
> > rescue.bin      drivers.tgz     base2_1.tgz
> >
> > I have done this for POTATO too.
> >
> > I can boot, partition my harddisk and initialise the partitions.
> > Then if I like to continue, I can not choose my ZIP-Drive (hdc).
>
> ide-floppy support is on the drivers disk. One way to get this to work is to
> make the three compact disk images. you can install base via your zip disk.

This won't always work. I submitted bug #60054 against
kernel-source-2.2.14 to have ide-floppy compiled into the default kernel.
It looks like it's going to be necessary for LS120 support as well.

Randolph, do you see any reason why ide-floppy should NOT be compiled into
the default kernel?

--
Beiad Ian Q. Dalton