Re: slink on Athlon

I cannot get my copy of debian to boot at all.  If I could then I would be able
to change the kernel myself.  I need a boot disk for slink with a 2.2.13 kernel
or later so that it will boot on my Athlon.

If possible please send me a rawrite file of the disk image.

Ari Makela wrote:

> Stuart Laird writes:
>
> > OK, I have tried option 2 and it doesn't work.  The potato boot
> > looks for the rescue disk image in a different location.  I don't
> > have a running copy of Linux to change the kernel on the disk to try
> > option 1.
>
> If you have a system where you can compile a kernel it's easy to
> compile one that can replace the default rescue disk kernel. Compile
> in (not as module) initrd and support for msdos and minix file
> systems. I'm not sure if msdos support is really needed, but I can't
> check now, but it won't hurt you.
>
> It this is not the case I should have such a kernel somewhere. I have
> a system which also needed a non-standard kernel.

Stuart Laird: bugbear@netspace.net.au     I          /\
Boronia, Victoria, Australia              I         /<>\
"the issue is not whether you're paranoid I       /      \
     it's whether you are paranoid enough"I      ^^^^^^^^^^
Now HTML aware with Netscape Communicator 4.0