Boot disk with HPT366 controller enabled

Hi,

I'm interested in creating a debian boot disk with the
HPT366 controller support.

Could someone point me to the source package from
which the boot disks are created, and if someone
wants, I could submit a diff against that to add in
support for the HPT366.

The HPT366 could be compiled in as a module, and put
onto the drivers disk, but there is a problem with
that. If the computer has only got drives on the
HPT366 controller, the debian install fails before it
is given a chance to load modules by saying that it
could not find any drives. Is this something that
should be a bug? Since currently the HPT366 support is
not even a part of the standard boot floppies?

Thanks,

-- Anant