Re: [CVS] `br_woody_exp' created, I'm a GNU rewrite the Makefiles.

>  For the graphical installer, I think we should stick to XFree86 and
>  the xserver-vga16 with a simple lowres lowcolor Gtk+ (glade)
>  interface.  Perhaps `XF86Setup' could be rewritten to use Gtk+ rather
>  than Tk?  That would be pretty nifty.  `xvidtune' needs a face lift
>  also.  Go graphical (X) only when installing from CD-ROM, mounted
>  partition, or NFS.  Perhaps `dbootstrap_g' can be used from a floppy
>  install though.
>
>  If the graphical base set has everything but the actual video driver
>  plugin, then it could ask about your hardware, install the right
>  driver package, configure the X server, then go to a fancier (higher
>  resolution, more colors) interface.  Gnome-Apt is looking pretty good
>  these days.

Yeah, that would be nifty if all of the archs supported vga16. However
some archs (sparc for one) do not support this. On top of that, none of
the Xsun servers can be considered generic enough to work with all sparc
architecure video (and this is not "works with most", this is a very even
break down between the 4 Xsun servers).

So this wont work. I say we stick to fb support.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '