Re: 24MB bootable CD install image

On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 08:37:56AM +1000, Ian Bailey-Mortimer wrote:
>Good news! I made a "small" CD image yesterday using Mark Horn's ~24Mb
>technique from (my local mirror's copy of) the potato boot disks v2.2.7 -
>and it booted up perfectly on my Athlon at home! Yippee!

I'm glad to hear that!   However, I think the credit should go where
it's due.  The boot floppies are what worked for you.  All I did was
figure out how to get them to work on a different medium.  The real
functionality that you're seeing comes from v2.2.7 of the boot floppies.

>I was not able to test the full install, however, because all the modems
>at work were busy when I tried to dial in (it's only a 33.6k modem anyway,
>I think I'll wait until I have potato on CD).

You were planning on downloading the rest of your debian install over a
33.6 modem!?  Wow, you are a patient person!

Cheers,
- Mark