Re: nano (pico clone) as the boot-floppies editor

Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Thu Mar 02, 2000 at 05:38:00AM +0000, bug1 wrote:
> > If you havent heard of nano, its a free pico clone with a few minor
> > enhancements, i was looking at it as a possible replacment for ae.
> >

> nano is not a bad little editor.  I've made a few small contributions
> to it.  I fully agree -- it is much more intuitive as a default editor
> then ae (Especially since nano will never have the vi vs emacs camps
> fighting it out on the keymappings (like has happened with ae)).  nano
> is a good, small, brain dead little editor for folks that don't know
> vi or emacs.  As such, I agree it would make an excellent replacement
> for ae.
>
>  -Erik

I notice nano-8.7 has increased in size to 42KB, so the size difference
is becoming more of a consideration.

Anyway, when i work out how to change configure.in to enable ./configure
--with-slang ill send a (only a few lines of changes) patch to the
author,

anyone know any pointers to good(simple) documentation on configure?

I did speak to the author initially about the size difference between
ncurses and slang, i think he was pleasently surprised.

Glenn McGrath