Re: nano (pico clone) as the boot-floppies editor

On Thu Mar 02, 2000 at 05:38:00AM +0000, bug1 wrote:
> If you havent heard of nano, its a free pico clone with a few minor
> enhancements, i was looking at it as a possible replacment for ae.

nano is not a bad little editor.  I've made a few small contributions
to it.  I fully agree -- it is much more intuitive as a default editor
then ae (Especially since nano will never have the vi vs emacs camps
fighting it out on the keymappings (like has happened with ae)).  nano
is a good, small, brain dead little editor for folks that don't know
vi or emacs.  As such, I agree it would make an excellent replacement
for ae.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/