Re: [vague discussion] woody boot-floppies plans

Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:

> Kirk Reiser wrote:
> > Well, I decided to file a bug report but after looking the contents of
> > root.bin, I can find no whiptail in the tree, so I'm confused.  The
> > cursor tracking problem is with whatever does the initial menuing in
> > the root.bin image.  I will continue to look through this stuff but
> > whatever it is, the cursor does not track the highlighting bar.  It
> > looks like it is just getting parked on line nine.
>
> I did'nt see the start of this thread but if you speak about bad cursor
> position (one line above highlighting bar) in listboxes for dbootstrap &
> modconf, I already discovered it in newt then filed a bug last week.
> It's #58059 in the BTS but I don't get a reply yet from Enrique Zanardi.

Yes, I would say that is pretty much the exact problem.  I said the
cursor was parked but it appears to be that way at the start and then
track with the cursor on the wrong line.  Please let me know when and
if your patch gets instituted into the newt code.  It is very
important for the cursor to track correctly because my kernel patches
don't have any highlight tracking built into them as of yet.  A blind
person installing needs to know without a shadow of a doubt which line
he/she is on.

  Kirk

e-mail: kirk@braille.uwo.ca		University of Western Ontario
phone: (519) 661-3061