Re: [vague discussion] woody boot-floppies plans

Kirk Reiser wrote:
> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
>
> > You must mean "except whiptail". Debconf doesn't deal in cursor movement.
> >
> > However, as far as I can see, even whiptail puts the cursor on top of the
> > currently active display element, in a way that should work for screen
> > readers. If you're seeing some problem there, I would suggest:
> >
> > 1) file a bug repor ton whiptail
>
> Well, I decided to file a bug report but after looking the contents of
> root.bin, I can find no whiptail in the tree, so I'm confused.  The
> cursor tracking problem is with whatever does the initial menuing in
> the root.bin image.  I will continue to look through this stuff but
> whatever it is, the cursor does not track the highlighting bar.  It
> looks like it is just getting parked on line nine.

I did'nt see the start of this thread but if you speak about bad cursor
position (one line above highlighting bar) in listboxes for dbootstrap &
modconf, I already discovered it in newt then filed a bug last week.
It's #58059 in the BTS but I don't get a reply yet from Enrique Zanardi.

Regards.
(and apologize if it's off topic).

--
 Eric Delaunay                 | S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y
 delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr | a pas de problème.   Devise Shadok.