Installing to Loopback Device

Hello,
	I am not imagining it. I did see DropInDebian. I did, I did. Or
at least I think I did. It was linked to in a January 1999 version of LWN.
Supposedly put together by one Jens Ritter. I found an archived message from
prior to the slink release saying that installing to a loopback device was
possibly a goal for the potato release. I tried the latest boot floppies and
didn't see any options for such a beast.
	Does anyone knowing anything about this? Where can I find Jens Ritter
or the prelim alpha-level work he did with the Slink install floppies? Does
anyone know how much work it would be to hack to Potato floppies to install
to a loopback device?

thanks,
later,
joseph
--
the "LaterDude"
ICQ: 52640402

All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer unless otherwise noted.