Re: verbose install crashing

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Randolph Chung wrote:

> In reference to a message from Bruce Sass, dated Feb 08:
> > I've tried a couple of verbose installs from harddisk using the
> > compact flavour with the new ext2 features enabled, they each do
> > the same thing after rebooting for the second stage of the installation:
> >
> > 	INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
>
> Which version of boot floppies are you using? Are you installing via serial
> console or something like that?

2.2.6, rescue and root on floppies, drivers and base from tarballs.

I've done four `default' installs with the same media, this was the
first time exercising the `verbose' mode code in dbootstrap.

I haven't touched the partition I installed to, is there any info from
there you need to track this down?

later,

	Bruce