Re: [vague discussion] woody boot-floppies plans

On 8 Feb 2000, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:
>
> > I however think the approach of using the whiptail lib and racheting
> > in fb support may not be not right -- it might never work like we want
> > it.
>
> What exactly *do* we want from the GUI interface, or from the
> boot floppies interface in general?  (If you stated this
> somewhere else in the thread just point me to the message.)

Something to ease the minds of users who are scared to touch the
keyboard.  A simple interface to all the available options. ???

Of course, when you give 'em a nice GUI install they will expect GUI
from cradle to grave... getting dumped onto a text console command line
after the install would be a little rude, and definately generate some
unfriendly comments.

later,

	Bruce