Re: [vague discussion] woody boot-floppies plans

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> The core features we have now must be retained, such as serial console
> install, cross-platform, console capabilities.  New features ought to
> be added, such as install for the blind,

I think we can help here.  Speakup is a set of kernel patches which
provide screen review functions for the operating system.  We should
be able to provide installation for the blind community no problem.
Well, except for debconf, speakup doesn't currently track highlighting
without cursor movement.  We have been working to get speech output
into the potato boot floppies but have had a lot of trouble getting
the cvs boot-floppies package working correctly.  The only changes
necessary as far as I can tell is a kernel with speakup and a modified
keymap tar ball in root.bin.

  Kirk

e-mail: kirk@braille.uwo.ca		University of Western Ontario
phone: (519) 661-3061