Re: Status of bf-2.2.6

At 08:02 PM 2/6/00 -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>Ross Boylan <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org> writes:
>
>> I see various comments about it, but the web site lists 2.2.5 as the
>> current version.
>> Are people reporting on some candidate 2.2.6?  Or is it real?
>
>Yes, it is real. We're not all trying to pull the wool over your eyes.
>
>> I noticed a reference to 2.2.6 being  in incoming, but I don't know where
>> tthat is.  More important, I don't know if that means it's for real, or if
>> there may be more modifications beforing declaring it 2.2.6.
>
>Yes, it's real.  See http://www.debian.org/devel/incoming_mirrors

I don't know if this is typical ups and downs, but the links on that page
didn't work too well for me
(browser = clicking on ftp link in browser; ftp = ftp command line client)
ftp://llug.sep.bnl.gov/pub/debian/Incoming/  times out, whether through
browser or ftp
ftp://debian.midco.net/debian/Incoming/  got permission error through
browser, later discovered I could access via ftp)
ftp://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian-incoming/  I ended up using this through
browser

I'm on the west coast of US, using MSIE 4 as a browser client on MS NT 4.

Also Bruce Sass's suggestion,
http://lully.debian.org/~aph/  gives me an http 404--page could not be found.

I am not a Debian developer; I don't know if that's the cause of any of the
trouble with the downloads.

P.S. I thought the references to 2.2.6 might be from team members who were
compiling it from source.