Re: 20000201 i386 boot floppies test report

Bruce Sass <bsass@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> writes:

> I noticed that when I initialized the / partition (~500M) only 4
> superblocks were created (slink's mke2fs created a few dozen(?)).
> When I mounted a partition on the slink side of the box from within
> potato I got a `mounting unchecked filesystem' warning, yet slink
> doesn't see it as unchecked and I didn't run fsck.

This is not a slink vs potato issue.  Don't jump to unwarranted
conclusions.  It is simply that on shutdown, the root filesystem (in
bf 2.2.6) is not always getting cleanly unmounted.  We're working on
this...

> Is 2.2.6 defaulting to the new ext2 features?
> How does one check whether the new features are enabled?

I dunno, look at e2fsprogs.  Probably 'debugfs' ...