Re: bf 2.2.5 install

Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi> writes:

> The module selection. It let me select the approriate
> nic driver, and I used it to get the base system.
> However, after reboot none of the modules where loaded.
> looks like it forgot to update /etc/modules.

fixed in 2.2.6, in Incoming.

> Root was not unmounted before the reboot, but is a known
> issue.

Hopefully fixed in 2.2.7, yes.  Is tricky I hear.

> However, Lilo was installed fine on the MBR,
> and the keyboard (fi-latin) was all the time correct.

Excellent news.

> The finnish mirror, sunsite.tut.fi wasn't available on
> the install location list? Is it not official or why?

I dunno -- file a bug against base-config.

> Task selection seem to be somewhat w.i.p. With a supposedly reasonal
> set of tasks stuff like cron, at and exim were left unistalled.

This is very worrying.  I don't know how this sort of problem should
be fixed.  Should priority "Important" pkgs get installed by default?
should there be a task-base-plus type package that includes the stuff
one should really have but which is not in base?

> X-tasks didn't come with a decent window-manager

anXious should be run after install and should ask about window
manager, pick an x server, etc.

> And gnome-* stuff refused to install, because of depencies on
> packages that were not going to be installed?

Dunno.  File a bug