Re: testing 2.2.5 on a laptop

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 11:05:38PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:

> *  tried to install plip, but no success. Was hoping to test this
>    out. Trying to add the option "io=0x378 irq=7" to parport_pc
>    simply cause the install to jump back to the main menu.
>    plip won't install in the 2.2 kernels unless you specify the
>    address and irq to parport_pc. Old kernels didn't need those
>    specified. Any ideas?

Anyway, with or without IRQs and IOs, PLIP is broken in 2.2.14.

When i noticed that (more than 2 weeks ago now) i found a patch on
some linux-kernel list archive. And now there is a bug report (#55383)
on kernel-source-2.2.14 with the patch included. I hope kernel
maintener will include it in his next release. (the patch is only one
line added... not a big deal...)

A+

--
Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enst.fr>