[edi@gmx.de: Driver for Compex RL100A]

----- Forwarded message from Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> -----

Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 15:34:38 +0100
From: Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de>
To: Hartmut Koptein <koptein@et-inf.fho-emden.de>
Subject: Driver for Compex RL100A

Hello,

I still don't know who is the official maintainer for the
kernel-image which will be included in the potato release, so I send this
message to you.

I am worried about support for the Compex Readylink-100A network card,
which is not in the standard kernel release. SuSE ships their distribution
with a driver from Donald Becker, which works for me too. I think, it
should also be included in the Debian kernel, or at least the binary
module into the modules packages. I attached the source and an binary,
precompiled for 2.2.14. It can also be patched into the kernel-source with
few modifications.

Source has been originaly downloaded from
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/index.html

Greetings,
Eduard.
--
I think my Linux is more reliable than my hardrive. The question is what
will crash first.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Hartmut Koptein                       EMail:
Friedrich-van-Senden-Str. 7                           koptein@debian.org