Tekram DC-390: RESTORE POINTER...

I've seen the previous three messages this month on the Tekram DC-390.
I'm not sure I've seen the same problem, but I could not get it to boot
from 2.2.4 or 2.1.12 boot floppies. Same error for each:

DC390: RESTORE POINTER message received ... reject
scsi: aborting command due to timeout: pid 24,... (status 4)

There is a whole screen full of diag stuff. If I had a fancy electronic
camera I could post a "screen shot" or two. But, I don't.

2.1.9 boot floppies have booted fine for several months now.
Mandrake 6.1 also boots fine. That uses a 2.2.13-pre kernel.

However, the VA Linux CD in that newer book on Debian Linux doesn't even
start to load LILO!
And the S.u.S.E. 6.2 evaluation CD has exactly that same problem!

I have an AMD K6/233 on a Biostar 8500TTD MB.

I know I may have two seperate problems here with identical 2.1.12/2.2.4
boot floppy failures and the identical boot failures of the two CDs.

But, perhaps it is not a coincidence. I do not know. I am not a developer.

I have DSL now so it's easier to help with testing boot floppy releases.
15 - 20 minutes to download base..tgz and some floppy images. Nice.

I will help with debugging as best I can, but you may have to explain some
things if I do not understand at first.

Thanks much.
Eddie Maddox
eddie@mngovsci.com