Re: powerpc boot-floppies from current CVS broken

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 03:45:43AM -0700, Matt Porter wrote:
> Interestingly enough, on both systems I can pass "init=/bin/sh" to the
> kernel, mount /proc manually, then execute /sbin/dbootstrap.  In this
> case, both systems are able to run through the installation and I/O
> is handled as expected.  There are, of course, lots of little problems
> along the way to fix due to the code clean up and new features.
You may also kill dbootstrap from the second console (as I did) and after
that it works just fine.  I believe the subject on irc channel #boot-floppies
was `dbootstrap does not work with new init' or something.  So this seems to
be a known problem. :)

It looks like the problem lies (sp??) in the way init redirects stdin/stdout
or something.  At least, I saw that on irc...

--
Mike