Re: dbootstrap and Redirection of Console Messages

[ it's better to ask question concerning boot floppies on
  boot-floppies@lists.debian.org mailing list ]

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 12:40:19AM -0700, Tres Hofmeister wrote:
> 	I've been looking around, trying to find out how dbootstrap
> redirects console messages to the second virtual console, with no luck.
> I can't seem to find the source for dbootstrap, even; or useful ref's
> in the mailing list archives.
dbootstrap never uses second virtual console for anything.  Usually, it uses
(or it used??) 3rd vc for its messages, or 1st if it starts a different
process.

You may want to check utilities/dbootstrap/boxes.c file in boot-floppies
sources.

--
Mike