Re: Static network configuration

I agree with Brian that we should *not* try to merge std network
configuration with PCMCIA configuration.  It si critical for many
(such as myself) who use 'cardctl scheme' that the network is
configured in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts.

I don't understand any objection to using /etc/pcmcia/network.opts
aside from "it's different from the std network configuration".  It
should be different from what is done in standard run level 1 by
netbase, since the network *should* be configured by the PCMCIA
system, not at boot time.